You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are the Cut, Copy, and Paste functions not supported by visionOS?

Hopefully quick question:

Best I can tell, VisionOS does not support Cut, Copy, and Paste, other than (presumably) via external keyboards Bluetoothed in?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Vision Pro

Posted on Mar 15, 2024 4:19 PM

8 replies

Mar 18, 2024 4:35 PM in response to mr88cet

The AVP does cut copy and paste among other useful things like replace.

Just look at the text you like to copy, pinch your fingers and hold the pinch a split second (can be adjusted in settings).

A menu comes up with choices .

Just like a right mouse click would do.

To paste, look in the space you want the curser to be, pinch your finger to get the curser.

Once the curser is in the right spot, pinch you fingers again and hold a moment , the menu will come up with choices.

Mar 18, 2024 9:02 PM in response to mr88cet

a whole range can be selected by clicking g on “select all” in the menu, or by moving the blue dots that are on the start and end of a selected word. I usually look at a word in a sentence and pinch hold my fingers.

that should get the word highlighted in blue with a “handle” at the start and at the end of the word.

look at one “circle” and pinch hold, while holding move your eyes to the spot where you want to start (or stop) the selection.

takes a little practice but works pretty well for me.

this way you can select a sentence or a whole block of text.

Why are the Cut, Copy, and Paste functions not supported by visionOS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.