You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch has serious battery drain problem

The latest stable watchOS 10.4 has serious battery drain problem. It has been nearly one month but no fix. Could anybody help to escalate?

[Edited by Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 10

Posted on Apr 1, 2024 7:33 AM

7 replies

Apr 17, 2024 10:54 PM in response to imWildCat

Same here.

S9 showing severe battery drain since a few days now. The graph shows a slightly different pattern during the day than at night but it’s abnormally high either way..

Doesn’t even show the charging process in the graph anymore. When charging in the morning the watch gets very warm and charging is slower than usual.

Have not unpaired and repaired yet, will try that next. Any other advice?

Apr 12, 2024 4:22 AM in response to imWildCat

We have the same issues on my wifes watch updated overnight then the battery wouldnt reach full. Eventually we got it to charge but this lastes three hours. Not impressed my last watch was ruined after an update.

I have 10.4 on my own ultra 2 which is currently ok so seems to be the older models again being affected!

May 12, 2024 9:04 AM in response to imWildCat

Yes, me too on this. I have a Series 4 and a Series 6 watch. I use very few 3rd party apps, nor do I use cellular, and until recently the Series 6 was great - would last over 24 hours. Now, even with light usage it's lasting about 8 hours. I've rebooted the watch and that hasn't helped, so I've reduced brightness and disabled the 'always on' elements (which is annoying, because I liked that about the Series 6). Interesting the newer watches aren't affected and I do wonder if Apple make much effort to align new OSs with older models (after the update I can't put any music on the watch itself). Was thinking I might upgrade to an Ultra, but since I'll probably go through this all again in 18 months am wondering if I might not be better with a cheaper non-Apple alternative.

Apple Watch has serious battery drain problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.