You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t iPad Home App automations sync with iPhone

Why can’t iPad Home App Automations sync with iPhone. I have 6 automations on my iPad but they aren’t synced with my iPhone. So I’m not able to adjust, delete, add, or do anything on my iPhone because they don’t show up. Only on my iPad. Is there a fix or is the iOS UI designed to keep the separate?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 18

Posted on Aug 7, 2024 9:53 PM

5 replies

Aug 8, 2024 3:01 PM in response to Psychotech

All Automations should sync

Are you signed in with the same Apple ID credentials?

In iPhone settings Your Name (at the top) > iCloud > under Apps using iCloud - tap on show all and make sure Home is enabled.

You also need to be running at least iOS 16.2 on your iPhone. As you might have upgraded to the new Home Architecture, which would disable using the Home App on older devices running older software.

if you think all this is in order then you can try signing out of iCloud on your iPhone, restarting it then signing back in. Making sure after you do this that Home is enabled. You can sign out in your name at the top, then scroll down to the sign out (in red)

Aug 10, 2024 4:07 PM in response to Vancouver22

All my devices all on the latest iOS and they’re all synced. All my info is synced seamlessly between them all. I have a bunch of accessories on my home app (Thermostat, Front door lock, Cameras, lights) and they’re all synced between all devices. Only automations aren’t synced. They only show up on the device I made the automation on.

Why can’t iPad Home App automations sync with iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.