You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Screen saver tvOS 18 timing gone

The Apple TV screen saver menu used to provide settings for the amount of time a slide show from home share stayed on screen (2,5, 10 seconds etc). These options are no longer available in TVOS18 and images are flying by. PLEASE add this functionality back!!

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 18

Posted on Sep 16, 2024 7:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2024 4:55 PM

+1 for this. Give us back the slideshow timing control. The new default is much too fast. Please Apple, please….

6 replies

Sep 30, 2024 10:23 AM in response to Geeger

Apple making a worse user experience when they decided to update to TVOS18. Slide duration is a clear case in point. My other beef is that you could never have the screen saver appear any less than after 2 mins which in my opinion is way too long. An OLED tv is much more sensitive to screen burn so requires that a static picture is refreshed more frequently than 2 mins.

Oct 1, 2024 4:28 AM in response to Jim Stewart1

My thoughts too. When Apple has release updates over the last couple of years they always seem to muck it up somehow. I have been getting frustrated watching images with great detail change before you can look at it. I also discovered today that audio going to my HomePods in other rooms keeps dropping out since the update. Sounds like the testing is too narrow.

Screen saver tvOS 18 timing gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.