You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

HomePod sound dropping but only on Music app

Intermittently, but few times per hour, when using Music App to play music via Apple TV /Homepod stereo pair (first generation), the sound drops out for about a minute or more - this does not occur streaming from other Apps- checked WiFi etc as suggested in previous discussions - I can only conclude that there is a fault with Music app - any suggestions would be gratefully received

HomePod

Posted on Sep 26, 2024 1:30 AM

2 replies

Sep 27, 2024 2:56 AM in response to Retepetroc

Hi there

Exact same issue. All 3 HomePod, First Gen (Yes I use three to generate reinforcement of voices during movies)

All three stream stops. Most times the music keep going but not sound stream. It comes back when skipping forward or backward. Usually about 2/3 of the songs. but not all songs.

Looked at it all.

ATV on Ethernet, All 3 HomePod, smae network. I even unassociated the HomePod Pair to try absolutely all I can.

Still nothing is doing the trick.

Problem started after last updates. But can't pinpoint if ATV update or HomePods.

Thanks

Ludovic

HomePod sound dropping but only on Music app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.