You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod music randomly pauses

Hello!

I have a Homepod which randomly pauses music (Apple Music) for one second then it countinues playing. Sometimes it does not happen at all for one day, sometimes it happens 5 times in an hour. It does not matter whether I play music through airplay or I ask siri to play music, the problem remains.

It is updated to the latest software version, I have restarted it, I have reseted it, I have changed my router (and restarted and reseted the router), while I have a stable and good internet connection.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks!

HomePod, 16

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 1:24 PM

1 reply

Jan 3, 2023 3:15 PM in response to Matt1928

Hello Matt1928, 

Thank you for posting to the Apple Support Communities. 

You have done some great troubleshooting already. One more thing to check is that the Wi-Fi network that your HomePod is connecting to is using the recommended settings for Apple devices. 

Please check the recommendations in the following Apple Support article: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

If you continue to notice an issue when using Apple Music, please contact Apple Support for more help.

Have a great day!

Homepod music randomly pauses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.