You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18.0.1 Didn't fix Music App Lag Problems!!!!

Just updated to iOS 18.0.1 thinking all the Music app problems everyone and myself have been experiencing since updating to 18 (huge download lag times, playlist add timeouts, playing/forwarded songs taking forever) would solve all our issues, and it didn't fix anything!!! What is going on?!

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 4, 2024 10:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2024 7:21 AM

It didn’t fix overall lag issues either. Just woke up this morning to my battery already hot, camera crashes even worse than before. Super disappointed. This is the worst iPhone upgrade experience I’ve ever faced. And I’ve gotten a new iPhone every year since the iPhone 4. I was already disappointed at the iPhone 16 announcement and have been contemplating switching to Samsung Galaxy Ultra for 2 years now. I’m holding out for the S25U and saying goodbye to iPhone for a while :(. Never would I have thought in a million years it would have came to this!

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 5, 2024 7:21 AM in response to dustinalaska

It didn’t fix overall lag issues either. Just woke up this morning to my battery already hot, camera crashes even worse than before. Super disappointed. This is the worst iPhone upgrade experience I’ve ever faced. And I’ve gotten a new iPhone every year since the iPhone 4. I was already disappointed at the iPhone 16 announcement and have been contemplating switching to Samsung Galaxy Ultra for 2 years now. I’m holding out for the S25U and saying goodbye to iPhone for a while :(. Never would I have thought in a million years it would have came to this!

Oct 11, 2024 1:09 PM in response to dustinalaska

UPDATE: I’m beyond frustrated with my 16 PM. 18.0.1 definitely made the glitchiness/lag issue for me 3x worse. It’s nearly impossible to even take a photo with the phone. I typically have to soft reset it multiple times a day, even more if connecting/disconnecting from car play. The other day my phone got so hot to the touch I had to put it down for a minute. All I was doing was surfing TikTok at the time. When I picked the phone back up it was super hot, and I felt a dull vibration in the back of the phone where the battery would be. Looking forward to my Samsung s25 ultra more and more each day :(

iOS 18.0.1 Didn't fix Music App Lag Problems!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.