You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with video files in iphoto (version 9.6.1) and exporting them to photos (version 4.0)

Hello helpful community,

I upgraded to MacBook Pro, 6 months ago now. It's taking a bit of time to sort through my colossal photo and video library but I'm getting there. I've had libraries in iPhoto, Aperture and Photos over the years. I figured a new system with greater capacity was a great opportunity for me to condense and combine all files to the one application, Photos.

I'm almost done, but keep getting stuck on exporting video files .avi and .mov in iPhoto. The .mp4 files export with no problems. However the .avi and .mov files seem to export ok, but then all I have is an image of the start of the video and 0.00 for time in the bottom right corner.

Any suggestions please?

Many thanks, JO

Posted on May 28, 2019 5:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 30, 2019 7:45 PM

Yay me! Surprised myself and worked it out. 👏🏻

So in the case anyone else has this issue; in iPhoto I selected all video files I wanted to transfer, select File, then select Reveal in Finder, then Original File. The video files popped up in Finder from multiple folders, I just had to move them all to my external hard drive and then import using Photos on my new MacBook. 👏🏻 No loss of baby videos, one happy mumma.

😉

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 30, 2019 7:45 PM in response to joooi

Yay me! Surprised myself and worked it out. 👏🏻

So in the case anyone else has this issue; in iPhoto I selected all video files I wanted to transfer, select File, then select Reveal in Finder, then Original File. The video files popped up in Finder from multiple folders, I just had to move them all to my external hard drive and then import using Photos on my new MacBook. 👏🏻 No loss of baby videos, one happy mumma.

😉

Problem with video files in iphoto (version 9.6.1) and exporting them to photos (version 4.0)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.