You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So my facetime app vanished. I can tell siri to open it ans it does, but the app is nowhere to be found. Cant restore it from the app store what the **** do I do?

My facetime app vanished from my iphone. I have tried some of the solutipns I found online but nothing has worked. If I tell SIRI to open the app, SIRI opens it but the app does not show up anywhere. I tried restoring it from the app store but it doesnt give me the option to restore just to open it. I dont know what to do. I would hate to have to go to the apple store to get this stupidity fixed. Going there is a mission and a hassle.

I have an iPhone 8

Posted on Aug 30, 2019 7:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2019 7:35 PM

It can’t be restricted, or Siri would not be able to launch it.

Do a spotlight search. Swipe down from the middle of the screen to get to the search field at the top. Those in FaceTIme in the text field. The app should appear in the search and if it is hidden in a folder, the folder name will appear to the right of the App icon.

If that fails, you can reset the home screen layout but that will return the home screen to out of the box condition and will destroy any folders that you had on your home screen. Settings>General>Reset>Reset Home Screen Layout.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 30, 2019 7:35 PM in response to diego.deleon

It can’t be restricted, or Siri would not be able to launch it.

Do a spotlight search. Swipe down from the middle of the screen to get to the search field at the top. Those in FaceTIme in the text field. The app should appear in the search and if it is hidden in a folder, the folder name will appear to the right of the App icon.

If that fails, you can reset the home screen layout but that will return the home screen to out of the box condition and will destroy any folders that you had on your home screen. Settings>General>Reset>Reset Home Screen Layout.

So my facetime app vanished. I can tell siri to open it ans it does, but the app is nowhere to be found. Cant restore it from the app store what the **** do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.