You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Signing into ICloud on Apple TV generation 2

When I am trying to log into my iCloud on my Apple TV, the tv states that the password or username is incorrect even though it is correct. At the same time my IPhone comes up with the verification code however the tv will not let me type the code. How do I sign into my ICloud on my TV?

Posted on Sep 10, 2019 12:18 PM

1 reply

Sep 10, 2019 11:50 PM in response to Dont_know_what_im_doing

If you have an older model Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), and when you also have two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, then the sign-in procedure is a bit special.

You need to enter the password and code together in the same field, and there is a time limit. To make the best use of that time, enter the password, do not submit yet, then request a new code, add it to the end of the password, and then submit.

Signing into ICloud on Apple TV generation 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.