You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Managing Music on Classic iPod

Is there a way I can sync my iPod Classic without losing all of the songs that are on it? Up until the latest update I could add to and edit my playlists on my iPod.

iPod Classic

Posted on Nov 22, 2019 10:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2019 4:06 AM

If you've upgraded to macOS 10.15 Catalina then the options for manipulating playlists directly on the device that used to be present in iTunes are no longer available. You can add playlists, albums, or tracks from the library to the device, and you can remove tracks from it, but that is about it.

See Recover media from an iPod - Apple Community. Pull everything into your library, manage it there, sync what you want to sync back to your device.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 23, 2019 4:06 AM in response to PLeeGray71

If you've upgraded to macOS 10.15 Catalina then the options for manipulating playlists directly on the device that used to be present in iTunes are no longer available. You can add playlists, albums, or tracks from the library to the device, and you can remove tracks from it, but that is about it.

See Recover media from an iPod - Apple Community. Pull everything into your library, manage it there, sync what you want to sync back to your device.

tt2

Managing Music on Classic iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.