You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

American Airlines inflight entertainment problem

I have a problem viewing movies using the American Airlines inflight entertainment app on my iPad Pro 11-inch. When I try to watch a movie, the app opens a browser screen, and there’s a black rectangle in the upper left corner, but no movie. With my previous iPads, the app asked if I wanted to watch the movie in the app, I answered yes, and the movie played. With this iPad the app doesn’t ask that question. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but that didn’t help. Thanks for any guidance on this.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 7:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 9:23 AM

If the problem that you experience is with the American Airlines inflight entertainment App, then you must contact the App Developer for support with any issues. Apple cannot assist with issues relating to third-party Apps. Perhaps the App hasn’t been updated to support iPadOS?

If, however, your problem relates specifically to the Safari browser on your device, then Apple Support is your best point of contact. You’ll find a link to Contact Support at top-right of this page.

If the issue is with Safari on iPadOS, you should be aware that the Safari Browser now defaults to a new “desktop” browser mode - that declares itself to the serving resource as Safari 13 on MacOS (Catalina); this sometimes causes some web-services to complain. The usual workaround, if this is the issue, is to select the “Mobile Browser” option for the affected website...

To change your Safari settings for a specific web service, from the specific webpage, long-touch the aA icon at the left edge of the address bar - an Action Menu will appear. From the menu, select Website Settings; then switch-off Request Desktop Website. Finally select Done.

If the issue you are experiencing is due to Safari on your iPad requesting the Desktop version of the website, then switching back to the Mobile version may solve the problem.

I hope you find this helpful in resolving your issue - or at least in directing your support request to the necessary point of contact.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 24, 2020 9:23 AM in response to Dave in Miami

If the problem that you experience is with the American Airlines inflight entertainment App, then you must contact the App Developer for support with any issues. Apple cannot assist with issues relating to third-party Apps. Perhaps the App hasn’t been updated to support iPadOS?

If, however, your problem relates specifically to the Safari browser on your device, then Apple Support is your best point of contact. You’ll find a link to Contact Support at top-right of this page.

If the issue is with Safari on iPadOS, you should be aware that the Safari Browser now defaults to a new “desktop” browser mode - that declares itself to the serving resource as Safari 13 on MacOS (Catalina); this sometimes causes some web-services to complain. The usual workaround, if this is the issue, is to select the “Mobile Browser” option for the affected website...

To change your Safari settings for a specific web service, from the specific webpage, long-touch the aA icon at the left edge of the address bar - an Action Menu will appear. From the menu, select Website Settings; then switch-off Request Desktop Website. Finally select Done.

If the issue you are experiencing is due to Safari on your iPad requesting the Desktop version of the website, then switching back to the Mobile version may solve the problem.

I hope you find this helpful in resolving your issue - or at least in directing your support request to the necessary point of contact.

American Airlines inflight entertainment problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.