You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change time

I can't change the time set on my Mac book as I am not able to click on the 'set time and date automatically'. It is not lit up. I have searched all options but it is not possible if this isn't highlighted

Posted on Feb 4, 2020 3:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2020 4:03 AM

Open System Preferences and select the Date and Time tab. There's a lock on the bottom left corner of the dialog box. You must click that and enter your password. Then click on the Date & Time tab at the top of the dialog box. There's a drop down menu labeled "Set date & time automatically". If you want to manually change the time you must click to remove the checkmark.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 4, 2020 4:03 AM in response to bohandc

Open System Preferences and select the Date and Time tab. There's a lock on the bottom left corner of the dialog box. You must click that and enter your password. Then click on the Date & Time tab at the top of the dialog box. There's a drop down menu labeled "Set date & time automatically". If you want to manually change the time you must click to remove the checkmark.

Change time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.