You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari and chrome fail to load all webpages on iPhone running 13,4,1 - says “could not connect to the server”

On my iphone running iOS 13.4.1 safari and chrome fail to load any web page saying it could not connect to the server. I can fix it by restarting the phone or by resetting network or settings >safari > clear history and website data. However after a day’s working, it comes back. Every day for the past week it happens only on my iPhone. I do not have the problem on MacBook Pro or on iPad which are on the same network. And when the problem happens, it doesn’t help when I disable WiFi and switch to the Celluar connection. Email seems to be also affected, but music streaming seems to work. Very strange and frustrating....

iPhone XS

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 10:02 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 15, 2020 10:14 PM in response to Seungoh Ryu

Reset Network Settings: Only network settings are removed.

• When you reset network settings, previously used networks and VPN settings that weren’t installed by a configuration profile or mobile device management (MDM) are removed. Wi-Fi is turned off and then back on, disconnecting you from any network you’re on. The Wi-Fi and Ask to Join Networks settings remain turned on.
  • To remove VPN settings installed by a configuration profile, go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management, select the configuration profile, then tap Remove Profile. This also removes other settings and accounts provided by the profile. See Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone in this guide.
  • To remove network settings installed by MDM, go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management, select the management, then tap Remove Management. This also removes other settings and certificates provided by MDM. See “Mobile device management (MDM)” in the iOS Deployment Reference.
  • Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

If the above fails....

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

• What this effectively does is to reset some of your Settings to factory default. It’s not a complete removal of settings. It removes all of your preferences for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Do No Disturb, Notifications, General, Sounds, Brightness & Wallpaper and Privacy.
  • Resetting all settings also reverts all your personalized and customized features like wallpapers and accessibility settings back to factory defaults.
  • Performing this action does not impact any of your personal device data, including photos, videos, notes, messages, reminders, emails, calendars, texts, documents, and other files

Apr 15, 2020 10:33 PM in response to Seungoh Ryu

I am bugged specifically by the following questions.

1) given that network reset or rebooting the device resolves the problem momentarily, why does it recur on the daily basis?

2) I am using eero (network extender) along with the Verizon box for the internet. Are they or some security settings on either of them the culprit? If so, why affect only the phone, not other devices?

3) not using any vpn, so that cannot be the cause...

4) why is it that I seem to be the only person having this problem? I.e. there are solutions offered on the net that fix it momentarily, but nobody reports the repeating nature of the problem as far as I can see, and nobody explains the nature of the issue either...?

Safari and chrome fail to load all webpages on iPhone running 13,4,1 - says “could not connect to the server”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.