You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessages come up blank

My iMessages on my iMac 27" are all coming up blank. When I open messages the names and messages are all blank, if I click on the icon to send a message to someone once I hit enter for their name then their LAST message will come up but the other messages on the inbox still show blank and the person that I'm texting with shows up blank on the inbox portion.

iMac Pro

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 11:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 11, 2020 4:45 PM

I just found the solution from billcole from a 2013 post:

So the fix was simple. With Messages not running, I ran this command in a Terminal session:

defaults delete com.apple.iChat

It WORKED!!! Yeah!!!! Thank you billcole and all the others that replied to my post.

5 replies

Apr 29, 2020 2:08 PM in response to SRCampbell

Hi SRCampbell,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like the list of conversations is missing in the Messages app. I would recommend you use this article to help troubleshoot the issue.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Cheers.

imessages come up blank

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.