You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro export errors

In the original media and the FCP edit everything looks good, but when I export the file, strange errors show up in the video at certain times. They are only a few frames each, sometimes just "torn" or pixelated footage or other times it looks as if another clip is getting put in or transitioned too despite there being no such transition in the edit.

I've tried different export settings, but the flaws will show up at the same time code in the exports despite not showing in the software before exporting. Sometimes if I re-export it, they go away. However, most often they will persist.

If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

iMac 27" 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 18, 2020 8:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 19, 2020 1:34 AM

It is a known problem with some media from recent iPhones.

The current workaround is to optimize the affected media.

Select the affected clips in the browser, control-click, choose Transcode Media and check the box for Optimized Media.

Let it finish transcoding, and then export. You probably should also delete render files, just in case.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 19, 2020 1:34 AM in response to n_kuku

It is a known problem with some media from recent iPhones.

The current workaround is to optimize the affected media.

Select the affected clips in the browser, control-click, choose Transcode Media and check the box for Optimized Media.

Let it finish transcoding, and then export. You probably should also delete render files, just in case.

Final Cut Pro export errors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.