You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X spoilage

Good afternoon, I have bought an iPhone X 256Gb from mobile store in Vilnius, Lithuania, on 2018-01-27. During the using period of the phone I have had some issues regarding the screen, as sometimes the thin vertical "green" line was coming up on the right side of the screen for the whole length of the screen. It was disappearing by itself randomly.. I didn't want to give my phone to the service, as this thing was not bothering me at all, and I was in need of possession of the iPhone all the time, according to job requirements. After passing 2 years and aprox. 2 months, (when warranty of the iPhone was already out of date), the strange things started to happen with the screen - the "ghost touch" (as I googled), so I decided to go to official apple service and to change the screen according to the iPhone X screen change program. When I got the answer from the service, I was confused, as the told me, that there was no original "glue", so the phone was not hermetic all the time since I bought it... (and they cannot change the screen according to the program). I suspect a spoilage, so I contacted the seller, who is UAB "Mobili Linija", they advised me, that they bought that phone from the official Apple seller UAB "Avad Baltic", and they deny that this iPhone could be a spoilage, event despite that fact, that I have all the photos of the glue absence. I have opened the dispute with them, and trying to solve this problem, as I am asking them to give me a new iPhone X, or give a money back for selling me waster iPhone. I will go to the court if they continue to argue, as they do not accept any thought about the spoilage. Please advise...what to do? Any thoughts?

Just tell me, and I will send you all the doc's, photos, details I have... I have receipt, I have the findings from the official Apple service, I have photos....

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 4:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 6:15 AM

Unfortunately due to length time you kept the iPhone it would be very hard to prove you didn't either take this to 3rd party repair shop or you yourself didn't attempt to open this up. Even though you have pictures it would be very hard to prove you didn't do it (Please do not see this as me blaming you just stating what they could say in their defence in court)

What you should have done is the minute you seen the green lines initially you should got it replaced under warranty (I know your job circumstances prevented this)

So on this occasion it's purely it's UAB "Mobili Linija" decision to replace this device for you.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 4, 2020 6:15 AM in response to Burzik

Unfortunately due to length time you kept the iPhone it would be very hard to prove you didn't either take this to 3rd party repair shop or you yourself didn't attempt to open this up. Even though you have pictures it would be very hard to prove you didn't do it (Please do not see this as me blaming you just stating what they could say in their defence in court)

What you should have done is the minute you seen the green lines initially you should got it replaced under warranty (I know your job circumstances prevented this)

So on this occasion it's purely it's UAB "Mobili Linija" decision to replace this device for you.

Jun 5, 2020 1:32 AM in response to MrPRTR

You are completely right, I know. It's a pity, that I bought like a new iPhone, but it appeared to be a waster and I cannot do anything with that... :/ Anyway, I will be trying to prove that I am right, because I cannot spent money now for a new iPhone. You all know the present worldwide situation... I am a pilot.. :(

iPhone X spoilage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.