You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX, the viewer, and secondary display

I saw where you explained this very clearly Luis ... but I couldn't quite translate it to what I'm trying to do. I want my MacBook Pro as the left screen, FCPX app as my middle screen, and the Full Frame of the Viewer Window on my third (right screen). That way my MacBook is used for all the ancillary work, like mail, web, Affinity Photo et al. – over on the left out of the way.

But when I set it up like this, and click the Full Frame display over the Inspector Window, FCPX displays on my MacBook Pro screen ... not my 4K BenQ over on the right. Here is a snap of how I've got the displays set up now. See attached. Perhaps you could say, 'aww Ben, just do this'. Which I will do immediately. Of course.

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 11:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 1:38 AM

😎aww Ben, just do this: drag the white menu bar representation to the display on the right.

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 15, 2020 5:33 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Awwww, thank you Luis. Works perfectly. And I think it was from you that I learned to line up the monitors in an even row to get the mouse to zip back and forth seamlessly. So thank you twice. This is working. Now I'm going to see if I can trust my newish BenQ 4K monitor (that's supposed to be perfectly colour balanced for grading, ha ha ha) ... or should I use the new 16" MacBook Pro Retina to get a more accurate read. Tis' certainly a lovely screen. Both are.

Diving into work. Now where's that espresso....

A grand day to you today L.

B.

FCPX, the viewer, and secondary display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.