You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s battery very suddenly draining quickly on iOS 13.5 AND 13.6

My iPhone 6s w/ iOS 13.5 was working fine all weekend. I plug it in to charge overnight last night, and this morning I use it for about 15 minutes and suddenly noticed the battery drained from 100% down to 42% and I could literally watch that percentage falling like a countdown. I restart the phone and it goes back up to 70% before starting to tumble again. I checked for an update, saw 13.6, installed it, but the problem persists. Now the number is being very erratic... dropping 10-15% within 5 minutes of me opening an app, then sometimes stopping at that number for another 15 minutes before tumbling again.

My max battery capacity is 86%, and the last time I replaced the battery was November 2018. The screen has no white blur and is not rising off the phone, so it doesn't seem like a bloated battery. And again, this happened very suddenly overnight and the percentage goes back up when I restart the phone before dropping again. What's the issue? Is it something I can resolve on my own because all the certified repair centers around me are booked through next Monday.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 8:36 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

iPhone 6s battery very suddenly draining quickly on iOS 13.5 AND 13.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.