You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spam from @confirmedsite.club and similar address' in my text messages

I keep getting spam from @confirmedsite.club and similar address' in my text messages The address is always different. No two are the same. I went into settings and set iMessages to block unknown senders but they still show up. Yet I’m sure I don’t have them saved in my contacts. I don’t know how to get rid of them.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 11:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 11:19 AM

there is no Message Setting that blocks unknown senders. Messages has an option to filter unknown senders. This makes it so that you shouldn't get any notifications and they are put in a separate list in the Messages app.

3 replies

Aug 9, 2020 9:21 PM in response to bennie42

Yeah sorry, I don't really have anything else to suggest. I have seen other threads where people are annoyed by this as well. The filtering option has actually worked pretty well for me, but I guess not for everyone. About all I can tell you is to provide feedback for Apple here

Product Feedback - Apple

I believe that filter switch was pretty new. Hopefully this means it's on Apple's radar and maybe iOS 14 will have something more in store

Aug 9, 2020 8:37 PM in response to Chris0107

I didn’t know it only filters but doesn’t block. But my problem is they still pop up In notifications and not in the separate “unknown senders” list. I just got another one which is why I came to see if there was any replies. (And I do thank you for replying) this is the address this time: **

I can’t block them because they’re always a different address and it’s not filtering. The message is always some html link. When I click hold and preview it’s either nothing or as for this last message it says they owe someone named Greg!?!? a payout and send no to opt out. I don’t even trust opening these things. I feel opening one is what started this. The only thing I can think to do is change my number. Unless you know of anything else I can try or do. I get like 3 a day I usually just erase them. But the fact that they always pop up in notifications is annoying.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Spam from @confirmedsite.club and similar address' in my text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.