You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unhide selected rows in Numbers

Hi All,

I have a long-running spreadsheet in Numbers. Periodically I will hide selected rows; works great. However, when I want to unhide a selection of rows, it unhides ALL of the rows that have been previously hidden. And that is painful!

It seems like there must be a way to do this.

Please Help

Lynn

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 3:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 6:20 PM

It depends. If you first select a row directly above or below a set of hidden rows or select a few rows that span one set of hidden rows, you get the choice to unhide just those hidden rows. There is no option to unhide a subset of those hidden rows, it is the entire set of them or none. If you select rows that span more than one set of hidden rows or no hidden rows, you only get the option to unhide all.

The menu system (Table menu) only gives the option to unhide all. To unhide only a set of rows you have right-click on one of the selected rows (or set of rows) mentioned above.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 14, 2020 6:20 PM in response to Marthaquest

It depends. If you first select a row directly above or below a set of hidden rows or select a few rows that span one set of hidden rows, you get the choice to unhide just those hidden rows. There is no option to unhide a subset of those hidden rows, it is the entire set of them or none. If you select rows that span more than one set of hidden rows or no hidden rows, you only get the option to unhide all.

The menu system (Table menu) only gives the option to unhide all. To unhide only a set of rows you have right-click on one of the selected rows (or set of rows) mentioned above.

unhide selected rows in Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.