You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received a phone call from Apple 1 (800) MYAPPLE and I answered to a recorded message saying my phone was compromised

I received a phone call from Apple 1 (800) MYAPPLE and I answered to a recorded message saying my phone was compromised and not to do any internet transactions. And go to customer support online. So I called Apple and they told me that my account was good. So why would Apple be calling me and why was there a recorded message informing me not to do internet transaction and why doesn’t Apple know anything about this call? The phone number the call came from was Apple, 800-myapple. Weird!

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 7:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 7:13 PM

Apple didn’t call you.

It’s a scam.

Similar questions

1 reply

I received a phone call from Apple 1 (800) MYAPPLE and I answered to a recorded message saying my phone was compromised

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.