You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hacked?

I got a phone message on this past Sat. saying my icloud account had been hacked.

How do I find out about it?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 9:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 10:46 AM

You’ve seemingly been hacked, yes. Not your device. You. You’ve been hacked.

We’re all being targeted (barraged) with these scams and schemes. Fake telephone calls. Fake pop-ups. Fake emails. All seeking to hack us. Us. Not our devices. All trying to fool us into doing something unwise, like exposing our Apple ID and password on a fake “Apple login portal”.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

BTW: displayed “calling” telephone numbers can be spoofed/faked/forged, just as can “sending” email addresses in email.

Enable two-factor authentication, if you don’t already have that enabled. That makes it somewhat harder to wrest control of your Apple ID.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 25, 2020 10:46 AM in response to teena224

You’ve seemingly been hacked, yes. Not your device. You. You’ve been hacked.

We’re all being targeted (barraged) with these scams and schemes. Fake telephone calls. Fake pop-ups. Fake emails. All seeking to hack us. Us. Not our devices. All trying to fool us into doing something unwise, like exposing our Apple ID and password on a fake “Apple login portal”.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

BTW: displayed “calling” telephone numbers can be spoofed/faked/forged, just as can “sending” email addresses in email.

Enable two-factor authentication, if you don’t already have that enabled. That makes it somewhat harder to wrest control of your Apple ID.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.