You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iPhone 10s and if I am away from my wifi, I cannot get any apps to work.

Weather station, home security, TV, garage door-you name it. They will not work. Trying to watch a video from my security system, it will just buffer and buffer and buffer. When I am on cellular data I cannot use my apps. My phone works, my texts work, but apps do not. Once I am reconnected to wifi, all apps work ok.

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 1:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 1:45 PM

Have you called your carrier to see whether they are having any Data (LTE, 4G etc) issues in the area?

You can also try the following-

1. Turn ON AirPlane Mode and then Turn OFF AirPlane Mode - See if that resolves the issue. If not then-
  2. Reset Network Settings - Open Settings ➔ General ➔ Reset ➔ Reset Network Settings : Once the network settings are reset then you may have to enter the WiFi Network passwords again.

Axel F.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 7, 2020 1:45 PM in response to Kc10fe

Have you called your carrier to see whether they are having any Data (LTE, 4G etc) issues in the area?

You can also try the following-

1. Turn ON AirPlane Mode and then Turn OFF AirPlane Mode - See if that resolves the issue. If not then-
  2. Reset Network Settings - Open Settings ➔ General ➔ Reset ➔ Reset Network Settings : Once the network settings are reset then you may have to enter the WiFi Network passwords again.

Axel F.

I have an iPhone 10s and if I am away from my wifi, I cannot get any apps to work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.