You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer photos from iPhone to a storage device using your Macbook

Hi. I'm a new macOS user transitioning from the windows system.

I own an iPhone X & iPad Pro (2018 model) and the storages on those devices are nearly full.

I want to transfer the contents like photos and videos & PDF files I have on both to an external flash or drive using my Macbook Pro, however I found this to be not so straight-forward as how I used to do it in Windows with an Android Phone (basically just drag & drop and that's it).

I acknowledge the possibility that it may be done in an entirely different way from what I'm used to in Windows, and that I am just unaware so requesting your advice as this is all quite new for me.

Thanks in advance to those who will give a response!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 7:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 2:47 PM

Hello Aurelius_09,

We'd love to assist you with importing your content from your iPhone and iPad. These steps here: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch will assist you with importing content from your devices to your Mac.

Take care!

4 replies

Transfer photos from iPhone to a storage device using your Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.