You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Send Group Message Including Android User

I have an IPhone XS Max and have been sending group messages for work as long as I can remember. Within the past week, I have been unable to do so when the group includes an Android user. My carrier is AT&T.

I need this functionality. Can someone help me?

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 5:36 AM

8 replies

Jan 26, 2021 8:12 AM in response to Jdefere

Life story, but maybe it can help you... I have been having a similar issue for a month now (12/25/20, which is also when i upgraded to IOS 14.3). I was getting a not delivered message on texts, mms, and group texts with android users. I reached out to my carrier (Tmobile) originally and they did not see any problems in my area. I worked with them for a while because I was also having data speed drops. They sent me a new SIM and cellspot and it did not correct the problem. I was still having the not delivered messages and dropping of data speeds, while my husband was not who would be sitting next to me. My carrier then sent me over to Apple finally on Saturday (1/23/21). I am now with a T2 tech. He could not find any obvious issues either so on Sunday (1/24/21) he called me back, and walked me through a factory reset and is touching base with me again tomorrow (1/27/21) to see if it has been happening. So far in the last 45 hours, the problem has not occured since the factory reset. I understand if you don't want to jump right to that though. I have sent him numerous posts on here of people having similar issues, including yours, because I personally think this is a bigger apple problem.

Jan 26, 2021 9:21 AM in response to LD150

The reset of network settings did the trick. I am now back to sending encouraging group messages to my team along with other important updates that need to be communicated quickly. I can't thank you enough for helping me work through this issue.

I would love to know why this worked though just because I'm curious.

Thanks a ton for your help!

Can't Send Group Message Including Android User

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.