You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes syncing issue with iPhone and Mac

I have an iPhone XR up to date and a MacBook Air up to date as well however iTunes music purchased on one or the other causes syncing issues, where a song may be on my laptop but not on my phone. I've checked my purchase list through iTunes on both and made sure to just place every purchase song in my library so that wouldn't be the reason for songs not syncing. However now playlist made on the Mac doesn't show up correctly on the iPhone and album artist artwork is mixed up so I know there's an issue. Just haven't found the solution, outside of reset because I have a feeling I will lose all music again and be charged on iTunes for songs again. The syncing issue stems from iTunes not registering purchased songs because I already have multiples/duplicates of 1 purchased song so any suggestions, I'll gladly try.

Thank You,

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 11:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 5:25 AM

Try signing out of the iTunes Store on the device and then try syncing again.

Otherwise see this post on erratic syncing. Given mixed up artwork you probably need this method anyway.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 21, 2021 5:51 AM in response to turingtest2

Thank You for the response, I’ve been up all night since posting this, trying to fix the issue and then I found a post about iTunes Match so I subscribed to that and shut everything down. Turn everything back on and re synced everything again and now everything matched up. Didn’t want to resort to having to spend more money for something that should work automatically but it looks like you have to toss $$ at a problem just to get the solution 🤦🏽‍♀️. I didn’t even get to use your suggestions before the purchase however thanks again for the response to my post.

Itunes syncing issue with iPhone and Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.