You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

updated OS no longer works with my epson printer

The new software update (Mac Os Catalina) no longer works with my Epson Workforce 545 printer. How can I resolve this issue? Help!

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 4:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 4:23 PM

denham48 Said:

"updated OS no longer works with my epson printer: The new software update (Mac Os Catalina) no longer works with my Epson Workforce 545 printer. How can I resolve this issue? Help!"

-------

Reset the Printing System:

I had the same issue with my Epson Eco Tank Printers - Reseting the Printing System fixed it, as the drivers were installed in an instant.

What to do:

1. Go To: System Preferences
  2. Select: Printers & Scanners
  3. Right-Click: on this pinter
  4. Select: Reset printing system...
  5. Click: Reset button
4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 22, 2021 4:23 PM in response to denham48

denham48 Said:

"updated OS no longer works with my epson printer: The new software update (Mac Os Catalina) no longer works with my Epson Workforce 545 printer. How can I resolve this issue? Help!"

-------

Reset the Printing System:

I had the same issue with my Epson Eco Tank Printers - Reseting the Printing System fixed it, as the drivers were installed in an instant.

What to do:

1. Go To: System Preferences
  2. Select: Printers & Scanners
  3. Right-Click: on this pinter
  4. Select: Reset printing system...
  5. Click: Reset button

Jun 22, 2021 4:14 PM in response to denham48

Hello, denham48.

If you've upgraded from Mojave or earlier to Catalina you'll find that none of your 32-bit software works any more.

You have two options: 1) upgrade your apps and utilities and drivers to newer 64-bit versions (check with the publishers) or 2) downgrade your Mac back to Mojave (easier said than done)

You can use the GO64 from St. Clair Software to scan your computer to see what 332-bit apps you still have that may be problematic.

updated OS no longer works with my epson printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.