You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Regarding problem of force quit

I am most of the time unable to shut down my device due to the hindrance of some apps and then, at last, have to force quit the app that interrupts in between because It doesn't quit. I have checked for all the updates too. Is it okay to get this issue in a recently bought MacBook air?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 10:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 10:49 PM

Lakshay25 Said:

"Regarding problem of force quit: I am most of the time unable to shut down my device due to the hindrance of some apps and then, at last, have to force quit the app that interrupts in between because It doesn't quit. I have checked for all the updates too. Is it okay to get this issue in a recently bought MacBook air?"

-------

What to Do:

I wouldn't say its normal "out-of-the-box" behavior. But, if you just installed updates, then perhaps it was interrupted, or corrupt. If such is the case, you'd have to backup the Mac, and then reinstall the macOS. So, try the following:

Create New User:

For temporary use, create a new Administrator. See what happens when you log in to it. Do you still get this issue? If not, then is it a misconfiguration in the current user. If so, then you'd likely have to resinstall the macOS.

Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be lost. It's just that misplaced items would be placed back to where they should be and corrupt system files would be replaced by clean files. Go Here: Reinstall macOS - Apple Support. Use the third bulleted method: [command + r]. Important: Prior to installing an update or performing a reinstallation, to prevent data loss, be sure to Back up your Mac with Time Machine.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 8, 2021 10:49 PM in response to Lakshay25

Lakshay25 Said:

"Regarding problem of force quit: I am most of the time unable to shut down my device due to the hindrance of some apps and then, at last, have to force quit the app that interrupts in between because It doesn't quit. I have checked for all the updates too. Is it okay to get this issue in a recently bought MacBook air?"

-------

What to Do:

I wouldn't say its normal "out-of-the-box" behavior. But, if you just installed updates, then perhaps it was interrupted, or corrupt. If such is the case, you'd have to backup the Mac, and then reinstall the macOS. So, try the following:

Create New User:

For temporary use, create a new Administrator. See what happens when you log in to it. Do you still get this issue? If not, then is it a misconfiguration in the current user. If so, then you'd likely have to resinstall the macOS.

Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be lost. It's just that misplaced items would be placed back to where they should be and corrupt system files would be replaced by clean files. Go Here: Reinstall macOS - Apple Support. Use the third bulleted method: [command + r]. Important: Prior to installing an update or performing a reinstallation, to prevent data loss, be sure to Back up your Mac with Time Machine.

Regarding problem of force quit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.