You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updates

When I press about this mac it says OS X Yosemite, I just now tried to update to high siera so i pressed get and put my password in but then it told me to use the code that came up on my other device, so I did that but then it said that my password was typed in incorrectly too many times when I only typed it in once and it was the correct password. I can't download the high siera so what can I do?

iMac 21.5″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 6:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 6:30 AM

No need to create a new post you should have just sent a reply from your first post.

Didn't think you needed to login to the App Store in order to download High Sierra,

It is probably asking for your AppleID password not your administrator password.

When entering the password and the authentication code there should be no

space between the two.

Like this,

password1234

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 11, 2021 6:30 AM in response to alertquartz

No need to create a new post you should have just sent a reply from your first post.

Didn't think you needed to login to the App Store in order to download High Sierra,

It is probably asking for your AppleID password not your administrator password.

When entering the password and the authentication code there should be no

space between the two.

Like this,

password1234

Jul 11, 2021 6:40 AM in response to Eau Rouge

I did type in my apple id password in the first place and when I typed in the code i didn't leave gaps so I've been doing it right but it tells me afterwards that I've typed in the incorrect password too many times so I can't carry on until i change my password. It says 'Forgotten Password?' as an option or 'close' as the other but I haven't forgotten it because i literally typed it in already. Please help.

Updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.