You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to prevent someone getting into my apple id

Recently I’ve been getting Apple ID code number from the number “50472” and “81961” I’ve never requested this so the first time it happened I changed my email and password well it happened again and I changed my email again than it happened for a third time. I do have the two factor authentication set up on my iPhone. I’m wanting to know why this is happening especially since I’ve made new emails to change my Apple ID too and it keeps happening. It’s been happening all in the last 24hours and I’ve never given out any email or passwords that could lead to this.

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 7:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 7:24 PM

An Apple ID is not secret. The password is the secret. If you’re getting verification codes, then you’re possibly getting scam links, or somebody is trying to access your Apple ID. What you’ve already done is what is necessary (enabling two factor, secure password), and I’d verify your list of trusted devices and trusted telephone numbers is as expected, and review and address the password recommendations available from Apple. (Settings > Passwords > Security Recommendations)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 18, 2021 7:24 PM in response to Samantha__justine

An Apple ID is not secret. The password is the secret. If you’re getting verification codes, then you’re possibly getting scam links, or somebody is trying to access your Apple ID. What you’ve already done is what is necessary (enabling two factor, secure password), and I’d verify your list of trusted devices and trusted telephone numbers is as expected, and review and address the password recommendations available from Apple. (Settings > Passwords > Security Recommendations)

How to prevent someone getting into my apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.