You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPad is now using your iMessage and FaceTime

I had a message pop up on my iPhone and MacBook stating 'A new iPad is now using your iMessage and FaceTime'. I have an existing iPad & iPad Mini but have not set up a new iPad. I'm now concerned someone has set up a new iPad using my details. Is this possible? or is it just a weird blip in the system that I received this message. Not sure what to do.

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 1:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 2:08 AM

Have you recently restarted any of your devices? On occasion, a device restart can cause a device to re-register with a service (such as Apple FaceTime and iMessage), causing the alert that you have observed. If you use WiFi Calling with your iPad and and iPhone, you will often see a similar alert.

Generally, these alerts are benign - their intent being largely informational and act as a prompt to check.

If you have any concerns, or suspect that your AppleID credentials have been used to access your account or associated services, simply need to change your AppleID password:

Change your Apple ID password – Apple Support

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 5, 2021 2:08 AM in response to Shazwalda

Have you recently restarted any of your devices? On occasion, a device restart can cause a device to re-register with a service (such as Apple FaceTime and iMessage), causing the alert that you have observed. If you use WiFi Calling with your iPad and and iPhone, you will often see a similar alert.

Generally, these alerts are benign - their intent being largely informational and act as a prompt to check.

If you have any concerns, or suspect that your AppleID credentials have been used to access your account or associated services, simply need to change your AppleID password:

Change your Apple ID password – Apple Support

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

New iPad is now using your iMessage and FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.