You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is two factor authentication required to set up my homepod

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 1:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 11:12 PM

Yes it is

Check that two-factor authentication is turned on for your Apple ID and iCloud Keychain is turned on

• To check if two-factor authentication is turned on, go to Settings > [Your Name] > Password & Security. If two-factor authentication isn't set up, select the option to enable it and follow the steps.
  • To check if iCloud Keychain is turned on, go to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud. Scroll down and check that Keychain is on. If it isn't, tap Keychain and turn it on. If prompted, follow the steps to set up iCloud Keychain.

See: Set up and use HomePod - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 7, 2021 11:12 PM in response to robb1974

Yes it is

Check that two-factor authentication is turned on for your Apple ID and iCloud Keychain is turned on

• To check if two-factor authentication is turned on, go to Settings > [Your Name] > Password & Security. If two-factor authentication isn't set up, select the option to enable it and follow the steps.
  • To check if iCloud Keychain is turned on, go to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud. Scroll down and check that Keychain is on. If it isn't, tap Keychain and turn it on. If prompted, follow the steps to set up iCloud Keychain.

See: Set up and use HomePod - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.