You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up my new HomePod mini

Hello,

I am trying to set up my new HomePod mini with my iPhone, but when I hit Setup Botton on the popup box of HomePod mini, it asks for signing in with my iTunes and activating Two-factor authentication (I attached a screenshot), which I already did. How can I fix this problem?

Thank you

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 9:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 11:16 PM

You have to enable two factor authentication to set up HomePod

Check that two-factor authentication is turned on for your Apple ID and iCloud Keychain is turned on

• To check if two-factor authentication is turned on, go to Settings > [Your Name] > Password & Security. If two-factor authentication isn't set up, select the option to enable it and follow the steps.
  • To check if iCloud Keychain is turned on, go to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud. Scroll down and check that Keychain is on. If it isn't, tap Keychain and turn it on. If prompted, follow the steps to set up iCloud Keychain.

See: If you can't set up HomePod - Apple Support

Im sorry, if you said you already did all this then just try signing out of iCloud or iTunes on your iOS device then sign back in. You need to be signed into your Apple ID to begin set up. Update your device to the latest software as well. Once you’ve set up the mini you should also update its software from the home app.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 16, 2022 11:16 PM in response to faraa

You have to enable two factor authentication to set up HomePod

Check that two-factor authentication is turned on for your Apple ID and iCloud Keychain is turned on

• To check if two-factor authentication is turned on, go to Settings > [Your Name] > Password & Security. If two-factor authentication isn't set up, select the option to enable it and follow the steps.
  • To check if iCloud Keychain is turned on, go to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud. Scroll down and check that Keychain is on. If it isn't, tap Keychain and turn it on. If prompted, follow the steps to set up iCloud Keychain.

See: If you can't set up HomePod - Apple Support

Im sorry, if you said you already did all this then just try signing out of iCloud or iTunes on your iOS device then sign back in. You need to be signed into your Apple ID to begin set up. Update your device to the latest software as well. Once you’ve set up the mini you should also update its software from the home app.

Setting up my new HomePod mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.