You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to access the Apple Store for the first time

I am trying to access the Apple Store to do a software update (for iMovie). To access the Apple Store, I need to log in with my Apple ID. I type in my the ID and password, and I get the following message:

"This Apple ID has not yet been used with the App Store."

and am asked to

"Please review your account information."

I click the "Review" button, and get a new dialog box labeled

"Sign In Required for Account Creation"

I repeat entering my Apple ID and password. I get

"This Apple ID has not yet been used with the App Store."

and am asked to

"Please review your account information."

How do I break this circle? I have already changed my payment method (went

from no method, to a _working_ credit card) between attempts to access the

store.

Using iMac 24" Apple Silicon, macOS Big Sur v11.5.2.

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 8:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2021 4:29 PM

You are welcome. I am till using OS High Sierra, so what you see in Big Sur might be different. Open the App Store and then click Top Charts. Once there, click Welcome. Sign in and you should eventually see your Account page. See if that helps.

Similar questions

5 replies

Sep 12, 2021 8:28 AM in response to Eric Root

Eric,

Thank you for your response. This is how I (re) attempted to "Log into [my] account in the App Store/iTunes"

1. Opened the App Store application. Got message showing the need to update iMovie.

2. Selected Preferences menu item.

3. Hit "Sign In" button on the "Sign in to manage your App Store preferences." window.

4. Got the "Sign in to download from the App Store." dialog box, with my correct Apple ID already in the entry box

5. Hit "Sign In".

6. My password was entered. "Sign In" was pushed again.

7. Again received the "This Apple ID has not been used with the App Store." dialog. Pressed the "Review" button.

8. Again received "Sign In Required for Account Creation" dialog.

9. Pressed "Sign in", entered password, pressed "Sign In" again.

10. Looped back to 7.

Am I misunderstanding what it means to log into the App Store? I figured a button saying "Sign In" would be the ticket. Is there another way to "log into my account in the App Store/iTunes..." as you recommend?

Thank you.

Sep 12, 2021 7:22 PM in response to Eric Root

Eric,

Well, I never saw the "Top Charts" link on the App Store, but I got into another place with a button that allowed me to "Add Money" to my Apple account. I clicked, nothing happened, but the next time I tried to log on, I was finally allowed to review my account, add a couple of items, things seem to be updating. All appears well… for now, at least.

I'll get you a "Helpful" click so you can stay a Level 10 Wizard-Guru — or get you to 11. And thanks for hanging in with my stumbling around. /b13

Trying to access the Apple Store for the first time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.