You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Flaky on Fire TV Stick 4K

I have a Fire TV Stick 4K device (running FireOS 6.2.8.1) and have loaded Apple TV+ (version 6.1) onto it.

Sometimes the AppleTV+ app works, but a lot of the time while I can get to the main screen, and view things in my library and so on, when I try to watch something from Apple TV+ I get some variant of the message

Video Unavailable
There is a problem loading this video

There is no issue with the internet connection - the same device streams from Netflix / Amazon / NowTV / BBC / etc with no problems, it is just Apple TV + that shows this issue.

Also, when this happens if I open a laptop on the same network and run Apple TV on that, I can open / view the content without problems.

All of which suggests that the issue is with the Apple TV+ app, not the hardware or the internet connection.

I have found that restarting the Fire TV Stick 4K device sometimes helps, but it is not guaranteed to work, other times simply leaving and returning some hours later and I can watch something. More than once I have paused watching something to do something else and upon returning the programme will not resume.

I have a 100Mbps download internet connection, and as noted other streaming apps on the same device work without issue.

Does anyone have any guidance on how I can resolve this issue?

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 1:44 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple TV Flaky on Fire TV Stick 4K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.