You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is Youtube TV so slow on my Apple TV's?

No it's not my router or network. I have 1Gb/s internet, and Ubiquity AP. Even hardwired connections, and the Apple TV at my brother's house are doing this. when you start a show it takes a second to start, but most frustrating is when you are trying to skip a commercial or to a part of the show it buffers for about a second. The best thing I can do is pause and skip to a scene then press play again. This way it only buffers twice when the i pause and the preview widow pops up and when I find my scene. When I try on my laptop it works instantly. I've seen others say their fire sticks work fine. I have those I can try but love to stay with Apple devices for continuity. Is it possible that Apple can't process the feed coming in? I will have to test further as I have come to live with this as normal. But I would imagine if it's the apple tv it should happen with other streaming services. if it is the network it would happen on all devices.

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 7:29 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Dec 18, 2021 10:47 AM in response to Dana_Hayduke

Hi Dana_Hayduke, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you would like to know why Youtube TV is slow on your Apple TVs.

Based on the details you've provided, it does sound like the issue is quite isolated to the YouTube TV app.

We recommend that you make sure that you are using the latest version of tvOS if you are using an Apple TV.

While it isn't inherently assured that an update will resolve any quality-related issue, updating to the latest version of tvOS for your device can help isolate potential software issues. 

Update your Apple TV

If the issue persists, we recommend that you reach out to the app developer of YouTube TV.

How to contact an app developer

Take care!

Why is Youtube TV so slow on my Apple TV's?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.