You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Show Complete Album

I’ve just bought a new album. Of the 23 tracks only 20 show and play as part of the album.

I should add - all 23 are downloaded.

Yes, I can click on “show complete album” and the select the missing tracks to play but they won’t play as part of the album.

I tried to add all 23 tracks to a playlist to circumvent this to no avail… the missing 3 tracks will not add so I cannot play the whole album in any way.

I have contacted Apple Support and they refused to help.

As far as I can tell Apple have sold me content that I cannot fully access. So before I escalate has anyone else yet solved the issue? I’ve seen a few questions on this subject but can’t find the resolution.

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 1:49 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 26, 2021 6:51 AM in response to jennie237

Greetings jennie237, 

We understand that you’ve downloaded an album that has 23 songs and while you can play all 23 songs, three songs don’t play when you’re playing the album as a whole. 

We have a few questions to better understand what’s happening. Are you able to tell us which album this is? Are you an Apple Music subscriber? Did you purchase any of the songs separately from the album? For example, buy the three songs in question as singles and then complete the album. Do you encounter any error messages when playing the album and it gets to these three songs? 

Thank you. 

Sep 26, 2021 7:04 AM in response to AnnieL2

Are you able to tell us which album this is? Prince of Egypt

Are you an Apple Music subscriber? No

Did you purchase any of the songs separately from the album? For example, buy the three songs in question as singles and then complete the album. No

Do you encounter any error messages when playing the album and it gets to these three songs? No

Sep 26, 2021 2:40 PM in response to jennie237

jennie237, 

Sounds like we’re working with The Prince of Egypt (Original Cast Recording) by composer Stephen Schwartz. 

Let’s work to isolate the situation some more. Have you already had a chance to delete the three songs that won’t play and redownload them? Are we able to test playing the album on a different device? This is to tell us if perhaps there is a compatibility issue somewhere. Another step you can take is to sign out of Settings > your name > Media & Purchases and then sign in again. This won’t sign you out of iCloud, just the iTunes & App Stores. 

Thanks. 

Show Complete Album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.