You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My images are not fully uploading with Monterey OS

Ever since downloading the new Monterey OS....99% of my images and files are not fully uploaded or visual. All I see is the flipped over "page" no image...so annoying

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 6:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 8:22 AM

Hello decoratingplus,

Thanks for reaching out through the Apple Support Communities about that behavior with your images and files after upgrading to macOS Monterey.

It looks like you've had the chance to review the related article above.

Does this only occur in Finder, or does it happen with other apps such as Photos?

Do your files and photos appear as expected after you open them?

Additionally, does that behavior still continue while in safe mode? How to use safe mode on your Mac It can take a few extra minutes to boot into safe mode. Your screen may flash or flicker while in safe mode. Those behaviors are expected.

Hopefully those details will help to further isolate this behavior.

Take care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 4, 2021 8:22 AM in response to decoratingplus

Hello decoratingplus,

Thanks for reaching out through the Apple Support Communities about that behavior with your images and files after upgrading to macOS Monterey.

It looks like you've had the chance to review the related article above.

Does this only occur in Finder, or does it happen with other apps such as Photos?

Do your files and photos appear as expected after you open them?

Additionally, does that behavior still continue while in safe mode? How to use safe mode on your Mac It can take a few extra minutes to boot into safe mode. Your screen may flash or flicker while in safe mode. Those behaviors are expected.

Hopefully those details will help to further isolate this behavior.

Take care.

Nov 4, 2021 8:28 AM in response to chuckbl

I did call support....after over 2 hrs of trying many things, the idea to use the Safe Mode. Instantly the images returned in Safe Mode. We deleted some non compliant programs and some I did not use. Restarted the computer and all the images were fully intact again. YEAH! That was the ticket ...the Safe Mode.....

To get into safe mode....restart computer and when the screen goes Black...press the Shift key until it fully opens.

Thanks for the help!

My images are not fully uploading with Monterey OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.