You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari won't load google street view and weather.com radar maps

Safari won't load google street view and weather.com radar maps. It says: "A problem repeatedly occurred with [URL]." The same actions either crash or cause the pages not to load in Brave, Opera, and Firefox. One exception is that Firefox will load google street view.

I'm running the latest Catalina on a 2012 Mac mini. Any ideas on what's causing this?

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 5:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 6:59 AM

Good day.

My father had the same issue with his older Macbook and asked me to look into it.

A reinstall of macOS temporarily fixed his problem, until automatic updates brought the issue back.

Reinstalling Safari (the installer package for Catalina) did not fix anything.

In the end, the fix comes down to the following:

In the Safari Menu Bar, go to Develop >> Experimental Features >> then check both WebGL 2.0 and WebGL via Metal.

If Develop is not in the Safari Menu bar, go to Safari >> Preferences >> Advanced >> and tick "Show Develop menu in menu bar" down the bottom.

I hope this helps out most of the folks in this thread. Have a nice day!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 22, 2021 6:59 AM in response to lewolfff

Good day.

My father had the same issue with his older Macbook and asked me to look into it.

A reinstall of macOS temporarily fixed his problem, until automatic updates brought the issue back.

Reinstalling Safari (the installer package for Catalina) did not fix anything.

In the end, the fix comes down to the following:

In the Safari Menu Bar, go to Develop >> Experimental Features >> then check both WebGL 2.0 and WebGL via Metal.

If Develop is not in the Safari Menu bar, go to Safari >> Preferences >> Advanced >> and tick "Show Develop menu in menu bar" down the bottom.

I hope this helps out most of the folks in this thread. Have a nice day!

Safari won't load google street view and weather.com radar maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.