You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Sent mail not showing on my Mac

I recently set up my iCloud acct. and just noticed that mail I send from that acct. does not show in my Sent folder on my Mac. Same for Trash.

I don't have any other device. I tried changing the folder info in Mail Preferences from Sent to On my Mac and it made no difference.

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 8:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 3:50 PM

I called Apple Support and George told me to click on the Sent folder and then go to the filters icon at the very top on the left. It's the circle with three horizontal lines inside it. It was colored blue. He said to click on it to turn off the filter. Then it turned to gray and all my Sent mail appeared. Then he said to do the same with Trash and any other folders so nothing is filtered out. That's it! Easy peasy. Problem solved.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 13, 2021 3:50 PM in response to Vilas_S

I called Apple Support and George told me to click on the Sent folder and then go to the filters icon at the very top on the left. It's the circle with three horizontal lines inside it. It was colored blue. He said to click on it to turn off the filter. Then it turned to gray and all my Sent mail appeared. Then he said to do the same with Trash and any other folders so nothing is filtered out. That's it! Easy peasy. Problem solved.

Dec 13, 2021 3:04 PM in response to taueva

Hello taueva.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities and for sharing these details with us. We'd like to do our best to assist you in any way we can. To confirm, is this specific issue only occurring with your iCloud email account or with all other email accounts you have set up on your Mac? If it only occurs with your iCloud account, does it occur with all emails you send our or was this a one time occurrence? If you visit the iCloud website, does the specific email you sent out show up under "Sent"?

iCloud - Apple

Sign in with your Apple ID & password. Once you sign in, select Mail and click on Sent. If it does populate there, you'll want to attempt some of the troubleshooting steps listed in the resource below:

If iCloud Mail isn't working - Apple Support

Feel free to keep us posted on your results. Cheers.

iCloud Sent mail not showing on my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.