You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error using iPhoto Library Upgrader

How do I convert my old iPhoto library? I have a MacBook pro (running big Sur OS). Pulled my iphoto library off of my old mac. I downloaded "iPhoto Library Upgrader" (I could only find one version). When I try to run this from the Utilities folder, I get an error message that I can't "use this version of the application "iPhoto Library Upgrader" wit this version of the macOS"

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 1:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 1:18 PM

You covert the old iPhoto Library by simply opening it with Photos. That's all

Hold down the option (or alt) key and launch Photos. From the resulting menu select 'Choose Library' and point at your iPhoto Library. It will do the rest.

The iPhoto Library Upgrader has no role in this process and refers to an upgrade glitch between v7 and v8 of iPhoto.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 26, 2021 1:18 PM in response to andyg66wilmington

You covert the old iPhoto Library by simply opening it with Photos. That's all

Hold down the option (or alt) key and launch Photos. From the resulting menu select 'Choose Library' and point at your iPhoto Library. It will do the rest.

The iPhoto Library Upgrader has no role in this process and refers to an upgrade glitch between v7 and v8 of iPhoto.

Error using iPhoto Library Upgrader

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.