You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail not working with Monterey

I updated my computer to Monterey, and I can't get Apple Mail to work at all. It keeps freezing and causing me to force quit.

-I have tried to delete the files in library with no success

-I have done a complete erase and install new Mac OS with no success

-I have turned off the new Privacy features, which helped it for a little bit then it shut down again

I use Gmail and iCloud Mail

I buy the newest and best computers right when they come out and have been using Apple Mail for over 10 years with no issues, really disappointed with this Apple update.

Has anyone had a similar issue or know how to fix?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 9:45 AM

7 replies

Feb 11, 2022 4:00 AM in response to JRW17_3

Normally it should appear but I one really what to Inventory the computer and software of this computer >>

Etrecheck

Suggest downloading the Application Etrecheck directly from a well Respected ASC Contributor. And Safe to use.

The application is free or paid from added features. 

Run the application with Full Disc Access ( Security & Privacy - Full Disc Access ).

It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software.

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last )

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues.

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS, alter, modify, remove or delete or attempt to do so is an invitation for disaster and may require a Reinstallation of the OS.

This includes AntiVirus, Disk Cleaners, Disk Optimizes, UnInstaller etc.

This will include CleanMyMac 

This will include BitDefender 

This will included Norton Antivirus

Sophos Av Software

Intego AntiVirus

McAfee

MacKeeper

The The Built in Security  is all that is required.

Jan 3, 2022 3:14 PM in response to tylerclanderson

I have the same issue with Apple iCloud email since upgrading 2 of my computers from 12.0.1 to 12.1 Monterey.

I have carried out a clean build using a virtual install of Monterey 12.1 - Exactly the same issue, with console showing continuous SQLite errors.

I have also tried my Mac running High Sierra, and that's fine.

Then I tried a build running Big Sur, and then a build of Monterey but this time 12.0.1 and both work perfectly well.

So definitely an issue with 12.1 and/or Apple's mail servers

I'll follow up my case with Apple, who have already shared my screen but were unable to help much other than say it might "fix itself" if I waited.

Feb 11, 2022 3:10 AM in response to Andrew Salt

I too can't use Mail on my brand new MacBook Air (M1 2020, Monterey v12.1). When I open Mail & look in activity monitor you can see the memory usage gradually climb over about 60 secs up to about 56GB at which time I get the message 'Your System has run out of application memory' and then Mail quits.

I've had extensive conversations with Apple Support who have been most attentive, but have told me that 'the engineers' are aware of the problem, are working on it & there is no work around...most frustrating.

Until I read this thread however, I hadn't tied in the sqlite issue. I have used Ascendo's Datavault password manager for many years, but since converting to this new Mac every time I edit an item in Datavault I get a message stating 'Item was not saved in sqlite database!'. Datavault does appear to be working (although I can't find the backups...but that's another issue!), but I've lost confidence in it atm.

Apple Mail not working with Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.