You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder Automatically Moves Between Spaces Windows

I always assign Finder to the left most (first) space on my desktop. I want it to remain there at all times no matter what I do.

Instead, occasionally, Finder leaves space one where I put it and moves to a space occupied by another program. I have not been able to determine why this is happening. However, this only happens with the Finder application. All the other applications remain in their assigned spaces.

Do you know how to make this stop? It is very annoying! Why does it move out of its assigned space and into another one?

Currently on MacOs Monterey 12.1.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 8:03 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jan 24, 2022 6:12 AM in response to isd503

A Finder window is just a document window like all others.

You can assign an app to a Desktop, but that doesn't preclude you from moving a document window of the app to another Desktop.

I don't know why it would do so without you moving it there.

I can't find a way to make it happen without dragging the window to another space. But, if it only happens randomly, I would likely never notice.

Finder Automatically Moves Between Spaces Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.