You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can I not mirror my MacBook Air display to my iMac anymore?

I have a 2020 MacBook Air M1 running Monterey 12.1. I use it as my work computer and have an 2021 24- inch iMac M1 also running Monterey 12.1 as my desktop computer at home. While I work at home, I mirror my display from the laptop to the iMac, so i can use the software from work, yet use the large iMac display. Suddenly, I cannot project my MBA through the iMac. It gives me no option in the Displays dropdown menu. Did I do something to change this option or is there a flaw somewhere I can fix or get fixed.

Thanks for any feedback. It's just about convenience, both computers rock...

J Smoothy

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 5:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 5:11 AM

Hello. Here are some things to try:

1) Restart both Macs, then try again

2) Update both Macs to Monterey 12.2 (it could be a glitch that may have been fixed in the latest update)

If it still isn't working, consider possibly backing up and reinstalling macOS if mirroring is important to you. Otherwise, report a possible macOS bug here: https://www.apple.com/feedback/macbookair.html

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 7, 2022 5:11 AM in response to Smoothy

Hello. Here are some things to try:

1) Restart both Macs, then try again

2) Update both Macs to Monterey 12.2 (it could be a glitch that may have been fixed in the latest update)

If it still isn't working, consider possibly backing up and reinstalling macOS if mirroring is important to you. Otherwise, report a possible macOS bug here: https://www.apple.com/feedback/macbookair.html

Why can I not mirror my MacBook Air display to my iMac anymore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.