You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Mac Studio cannot access Synology DSM

New Mac Studio will not find Synology NAS using Synology Web Assistant or find.synology.com. I can access it on my 2 other macs. I migrated from an iMac running Catalina and can still access the NAS from there using both methods. I can access the NAS on the desktop, but cannot get into Synology DSM. Any idea as to how to get it working on the new Mac?

Mac Studio, macOS 12.3

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 5:23 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Mar 23, 2022 12:21 PM in response to VikingOSX

Thanks. I have reached out to Synology but so far they have not been helpful. The weird thing is that the NAS mounts, but Synology Assistant (latest version) and find.Synology.com cannot find the NAS. I can access it through 2 other Macs on the same network and subnetwork (one iMac running Catalina and MacBook Air running Monterey). I'd like to compare settings on these with the new Mac, but not sure where to look and what to check. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Mar 23, 2022 1:05 PM in response to SCJoe

Are you sharing SMB or AFP (afp://DiskStation._afpovertcp._tcp.local/share) from the Synology? I believe that Monterey is looking for SMB 2 and 3, but may no longer accept SMB1 without tweaking the /etc/nsmb.conf file. Even the VLC mobile app on my Apple TV 4K (2021) which is running tvOS 15.4 — sees my Synology shares.

I can mount my Synology shares with either protocol via the Finder's ⌘+k interface, or a Finder Window by single-clicking on the DiskStation network entity (after configuring the Finder Window's Connect As… interface. That brings up two shared folders which when double-clicked mount to the Desktop.

Mar 23, 2022 12:10 PM in response to SCJoe

Contact Synology support and ensure you have the current Synology DSM software update applied compatible with your Synology hardware.

Different Mac hardware, but I can assure you that my Synology NAS still is detected by 12.3 on a 2021 16-inch MBP M1 Pro. and mounts filesystems like it has with all previous releases of macOS (on Intel and Apple Silicon).

New Mac Studio cannot access Synology DSM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.