You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K keeps signing me out

Every week or two, when I turn on my Apple TV 4K (2nd gen) and try to play a movie or TV show, the screen suddenly displays a "Signing out" message and does exactly that.

I'm signed out of my Apple TV+ subscription and every other streaming app I'm subscribed to, and I'm forced to go through the laborious process of reentering my strong Apple/iCloud ID password using the Apple TV remote.

What could possibly be causing this recurrent and extremely annoying problem? The Apple TV 4K and all of my various Apple devices share one Apple ID with the same iCloud email address and password, and this auto-signout happens despite the fact that I have made no changes to my Apple account and have added or removed no devices to my iCloud account.

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 3:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 5:38 PM

Something you can try.

Apple TV - Restart.  -

Apple TV - Reset.   -

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 11, 2022 2:13 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks — Reset was also the advice I got from an Apple help phone rep. Because I was experiencing no other problems with my Apple ID or with Apple TV apart from this forced sign-out issue, it seems that some glitch or software corruption had afflicted the Apple TV 4K unit, and doing a reset to the factory settings along with downloading the latest version of TV OS has hopefully fixed my problem.

Apple TV 4K keeps signing me out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.