You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export/import stickies and notes

how can i export my notes and stickies so that I can import them into my new computer

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 6:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 7:19 AM

I suspect that you will have to launch Stickies on Big Sur and export text… as foo.RTFD. Get that exported package folder onto the Monterey Desktop for convenience, and then launch Stickies there. Use the import text… and from the chooser, select your foo.RTFD from Big Sur.

As you have posted in the High Sierra community, the above approach would work on High Sierra too as it also offers an export text… RTFD format option. The StickiesDatabase is a digest on High Sierra without exporting to RTFD, and would not be directly compatible with Catalina and later operating systems.

The stickies are stored in individual RTFD containers on Catalina thru Monterey and by importing them in that format, they should be available to you on Monterey.

Stickies User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 13, 2022 7:19 AM in response to msk92

I suspect that you will have to launch Stickies on Big Sur and export text… as foo.RTFD. Get that exported package folder onto the Monterey Desktop for convenience, and then launch Stickies there. Use the import text… and from the chooser, select your foo.RTFD from Big Sur.

As you have posted in the High Sierra community, the above approach would work on High Sierra too as it also offers an export text… RTFD format option. The StickiesDatabase is a digest on High Sierra without exporting to RTFD, and would not be directly compatible with Catalina and later operating systems.

The stickies are stored in individual RTFD containers on Catalina thru Monterey and by importing them in that format, they should be available to you on Monterey.

Stickies User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Export/import stickies and notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.