You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Merging Playlists Not Working

I would like to merge 2 playlists from a custom playlist that I have built on my Apple Music account. When I select songs in the one I would like to move 'Apple Music Indie' and drag them to the one I would like them to be part of 'Apple Music Alternative', I get prompted to choose between skipping or adding duplicates. When I select 'Skip' to not create duplicates, one song from Apple Music Indie is added to the second playlist. Apple Music Indie has not lost any songs. This also happens when I select all songs and right click, select Add to Playlist and select Apple Music Alternative. This method is outlined in this article:

Create, edit, and delete playlists in Music on Mac - Apple Support

I am using a PowerBook running Big Sur 11.6.5.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Apr 16, 2022 7:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2022 5:01 PM

Allen,

How many songs are you trying to add to the second playlist? Be aware that iTunes/Music often misbehaves on big jobs involving many songs at once. Try moving a couple of songs at a time, and increase the batch size gradually if no problems occur.

1 reply

Merging Playlists Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.