You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Macbook Pro 2016 touch bar screen is flickering or glitching

I have updated my MacBook pro os Catalina to Monterey, after updating my screen starts flicking or glitching see the attachment. This is very weird, I cannot work but when I lock the screen for a few seconds it resolves, and then it starts the same after a few minutes. Please, suggest to me the best possible solution as soon as possible as I am having a very difficult time.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 10:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 7:11 AM

wkarim86 wrote:

I have updated my MacBook pro os Catalina to Monterey, after updating my screen starts flicking or glitching see the attachment. This is very weird, I cannot work but when I lock the screen for a few seconds it resolves, and then it starts the same after a few minutes. Please, suggest to me the best possible solution as soon as possible as I am having a very difficult time.

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/4e723eab-e5b4-4869-80aa-5aa78e9f23e0

On your Intel Mac—

Try resetting the SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

If no resolve try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 4, 2022 7:11 AM in response to wkarim86

wkarim86 wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/4e723eab-e5b4-4869-80aa-5aa78e9f23e0

On your Intel Mac—

Try resetting the SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

If no resolve try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test.

Jul 7, 2022 9:07 PM in response to wkarim86

wkarim86 wrote:

I have done all the above steps nothing works. Resetting NVRAM worked for a few days but after it is happening again. Is it something with Memory consumption?

I would suspect a hardware issue—

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

https://locate.apple.com/country

My Macbook Pro 2016 touch bar screen is flickering or glitching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.